$100 to a million in 3 years

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Task Schmask

Completely failed to stick to the task, i spunked the stars roll so deposited $200 on wednesday night. When i stopped playing this morning at 1am the roll had grown to $19,500 and change. Pretty sick few days in all.

I managed to win a few sats to wcoop events and sold them on, the standard is so poor in them it's mind boggling. When i sit there thinking i will probably need to win a pot to get a seat usually, i can just relax in these as they donk eachother out with relentless reliability.

I won 8.8k in one of there daily tournaments and have just been killing the $1/$2 PLO games, also won at $2/$4 and $5/$10.

There are a band of players who appear to think they know what they are doing at PLO and are of the opinion that i don't, they've even said as much in the chat box. It's so funny, they have their more advanced pre flop play pretty good but as soon as the flop hits i think they have absolutely no idea how to play without the nuts or monster draws.

I've ran great agaisnt one player but played him well also and he continues to sit to my left and make his isolating plays and buying the button etc but just keeps going bust to me or folding on the flop when i almost invariably check raise or 3 bet him, hes so confused now hes started to call off his stack with one pair and the like, n0 idea of reverse implied odds and i'm pretty sure most of them haven't got a clue what their odds are against my range on the flop where as i usually know almost exactly where i am.

But even at 5/10 there are fools, there is one really great player though who plays very similarly to me (that sounds so conceited) but it was a real validation for me that my style (which i came up with on my own mostly) is used by one of the most profitable players at that level.

Anyway, i've decided to not fuck about anymore with challenges and just play when i can and feel like and hopefully just keep winning and pay for my house or something with the profits.


Good luck at the tables

toyzzzz

7 Comments:

  • hey, i haven't been readin many blogs lately, i find it hard to find the time. Just browsing thru some now that i havent read in quite some time, i had no idea u were playin at such levels, congrats mate and it all looks good, keep it up/ atb.

    portdeco2o

    By Blogger portdeco20, At 11:22 AM  

  • jesus h christ

    even if you are playing well and meeting idiots rolling 200 into that is a hell of an achievement.

    i am sure i have read - but where are you playing and what name under?

    wp and gl

    By Blogger Check In The Dark, At 8:16 PM  

  • keep it up mate. sounds good!

    By Blogger C, At 10:43 AM  

  • $200 to $20k in three days?!!!

    Siiiiiiiickkkkkk.

    More details please...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 2:07 PM  

  • Roofer is BACK BABY!

    Check the blog Bitch.

    By Blogger Kirby the German Roofer, At 12:58 PM  

  • Hope you have good fortune... I've not... hehe... Seems like I do great for a week and then awful for a week. And for the most part I don't think it's my play. Just running bad... when I'm on it seems like I can't lose but when I'm off it's always runner runner this or runner runner that. Does that seem to be the norm for most??

    Well... good luck everyone

    By Blogger Ollie Onions, At 10:35 PM  

  • Awesome run. See how much you can spin it upto now

    gl gl
    Paul

    By Blogger Ukgatsby, At 7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<$I18N$LinksToThisPost>:

Create a Link

<< Home